Stay healthy by breaking bad habits
BAD HABITS WHEN DOING THE SHOPPING
Everytime you go to the supermarket, you need to stick to the “outer ring”. The “outer ring” refers to all the products that belong from outside, from the farms. THESE ARE THE FARM-BASED PRODUCTS. NOTHING PROCESSED!
AVOID AND REPLACE WITH:
- white sugar ⇒ maple or agave syrop
- vegetable or fruit cans ⇒ fresh vegetables and fruits
- pre-cooked and processed foods (cookies, soups, sausages) ⇒ cook and prepare your meals at home
- saturated fats (margarine or butter) ⇒ olive oil, nut&seed butters
- dairy ⇒ tofu, almond, coco or soy milk
As 60-65% of our meals should contain carbs, here you have a list of the good ones:
- brown or wild rice
- whole-grain pasta
Try to avoid white bread, white pasta and the sweetened cereals.
STAY HEALTHY AND ADD THIS TO YOUR DAILY MEALS
- LEGUMES : beans, chickpea, lentils and soy
- GREEN LEAFY VEGETABLES: kale, spinach, swiss chard, watercress, broccoli
- SEAWEEDS: wakame, spirulina, chlorella , or kelp
- SEEDS: pumpkin or sunflower seeds, chia seeds , flax and sesame seeds
Remember! Always stay inside the “outer ring” when you do your shopping. Even if the change is huge in the first place, take it slow and try to include the good products and get rid of the junk food.